The Lotus Yoga Pose or also known as Yoga Lotus is the classic yoga position. The Lotus Position is a complete relaxation position and if you can do it comfortably it is a perfect meditation posture. While you are in this position you are breathing slowly which allows your body and your soul to renew. Here is how you can do it:
- From a regular sitting position with you legs crossed, take hold of you right foot with both hands and place it on your left thigh. Your foot will turn slightly so that your sole will face upwards.
- Then take hold of you left foot and bring it up on to your right thigh.
- For meditation purposes, place your hands in Gyan Mudra Pose. This is where your index finger touching the thumb and the other three fingers outstretched.
- This is the full Lotus Yoga Asana.
There are many benefits of the Yoga Lotus Pose. Here are a few:
- It can facilitate relaxation of the body. Hence, enhancing concentration and ultimately achieving meditation.
- It can create a natural balance through the body and mind.
- It can soothe the nervous system, quiets the mind and brings about the condition of one-pointed ness.